Conducting business ethically and ensuring privacy is critical to maintaining the dental industries trust and achieving success in a dynamic and competitive business climate. Privacy responsibility extends not only to protection of the privacy of conversations, but also to the flow of information in data form. With federal guidelines being installed in the healthcare industry that govern privacy as a whole, it is imperative to exceed the minimum security standards in order to be a market leader. As the volume and privacy of the data being transferred and shared over the Internet increases, the trust of our customers’ demands responsible and proactive privacy protections and programs. We realize the importance privacy plays in the healthcare industry.
Use of Personal Health Information
Personal information is any information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, any prescriptions or diagnosis or phone number, and that can be used to identify an individual. It includes information provided at or during registration, during study group discussions, or when records are passed between dental professionals. RecordLinc respects you and your patient’s privacy and will not share any information with any third-party affiliates or partners. Personal user information may be used in the following instances:
- To fulfill your order or request for service. We may share that information with third parties as necessary to fulfill your order or request for service, and as necessary to obtain payment for RecordLinc-offered products and services, including the sale of receivables to third party collection agencies and/or reporting of information to credit bureaus. (Third parties with whom RecordLinc shares information to assist in completing orders do not have the right to use personal information provided to them beyond what is necessary to complete the order).
- To inform you about [Company Name]-offered products and services of potential interest.
- To personalize the [Company Name] Site based on users behavior and use patterns.
- To provide service for users who have questions or problems.
- To perform normal business operations including billing, collection, and accounting.
- To investigate complaints and protect [Company Name] and its members, in compliance with the law, [Company Name] Terms of Service, and RecordLinc Internet policies.
- To respond to subpoenas, court orders or other legal process, to the extent required and/or permitted by law, to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims, and as required by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1986.
When a user visits [Company Name], we log general data, including your domain name, the name of the Web page from which you entered our sites, how much time you spend on each page, other non descript behavioral data. We use this information to continually monitor and improve our site and applications. RecordLinc may collect IP addresses and Web site usage information from you when you visit our site.
[Company Name] respects the privacy of personal files in members' computers. [Company Name] does not access, read, upload or store data contained in or derived from private files without the member's authorization. Once a member gives us that authorization, RecordLinc may from time to time record information about your computer, communications equipment, browser type and version number, mail application, and operating system software (but no other non-RecordLinc software). RecordLinc will use this information on an individually identifiable basis only to analyze how current or future RecordLinc Site features may operate and interface with your equipment; or monitor or improve the performance of RecordLinc software on your equipment.
To secure the information collected online, prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, ensure only appropriate use of information, and comply with federal security guidelines (i.e., HIPAA) [Company Name] has established appropriate physical, electronic and managerial safeguards. This includes our requirement for user names and Member Ids and acceptance of the HIPAA policy to access sensitive data and our use of industry-standard SSL encryption to protect data transmissions.
[Company Name] reserves the right to revise the terms of this notice, and to make the revised terms effective for all Protected Health Information that is maintains. If [Company Name] makes any substantial revisions in our policies we will notify you by posting a prominent announcement on our pages and make the revised copies available within sixty (60) days.
Questions, Comments, Concerns